A Religious Framework

I've been thinking lately about the problems with religion. Not just from a philosophical standpoint like "How can you know if God exists?", but from a social standpoint more so. As I see it, there's three problems that exist that I think can be solved.

- There's often conflict between religions.
- A lot of people are ignorant of religions besides their own.
- Sometimes difficult to find right religion for you, more of a gamble at times.

Now I'll explain the system that needs to be put into place to solve these issues. Don't exactly have a name for it, so I'll call it the Modern Framework. The idea would be for there to be an organization which acts as a step before religion.

Say you got sick of Christianity and were interested in a new religion. You would have the opportunity to come to us, tell us your situation and then they would help you along in finding a new religion. It wouldn't be a religion in itself, although it would have ideals such as "No god is better than any other" and "No religion is truer/realer than the rest". They would lay out the religions in front of you, and have an expert on religious studies work with you to choose the right one based on your personality, beliefs, etc.

I'm sure you can spot holes in this, such as religions not allowing you to join with these "Global truths", or conflict between the framework and religions who don't trust it. However, I thought it was a neat idea.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you choose to take the time to read this, I know its long but I took the time to read yours.

    As a Christian, we do not "pick and choose" a religion. Getting sick of Christianity means you were probably never Christian at all. If you have really accepted Christ into your life as your Lord and savior, than you know that the truth does not lie in other religions, and you do not get "sick" of being a Christian. Those who do not believe, have rejected God's free gift, those who do believe only have faith because it is the free gift of God (grace).

    It is EXTREMELY clear what the gospel message says. As mere humans, we do not have the ability to change the Truth. The message is not according to man, it is not ours to modify, adapt, change or add to. How can you say that we can modify this to our personality? It is not ours to suit to our tastes of popular culture.

    Sensationalism: knowledge comes from experience, or the way you feel is the only way to determine whats right. This is complete opposite from what God has given us to live by.

    Galatians 1:6
    "I am astonished you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel, which is really no gospel at all."

    Are you trying to win the approval of human beings, or God? Am I trying to find what religion makes me "feel good", or seek the truth?

    Keith, you are a smart kid. I hope you are still going to youth group. You are loved by something so much bigger and powerful than we will ever be able to understand. I hope that someday you can be firm in your faith and what you believe and not be in between things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bring up some good points. Specifically, I like that you brought up sensationalism, or rather sensualism, because I may be too close-minded in my thinking on religion. It's not something that can be proven or labeled, it's something abstract, or something that is felt.

    However, how do you know the truth does not lie in other religions ? I think this is one of the problems I have with religion in general. Why is it not possible for every religion to be right ? Everybody is concerned with what will happen after they die, mostly because they are afraid of death, and if only Christians are the holy ones, how is that fair ?

    That's where a lot of people break off from religion in general and question if God even exists because of pessimistic questions like why would God let war exist, etc.

    Thanks for the comment though ! I too hope I won't be in between things forever.

    ReplyDelete