Religion and Faith

Faith. Faith. Faith. There's few things as powerful as it to move a person's spirit to do things. This is particularly the case when it comes to religion. For whatever reason, when a close-minded person or a child first latches onto a religion, they follow it unconditionally. Maybe close-minded was the wrong word. Just, a person at a lower level of spirituality. It's like these people need a set of rules and laws to shape their life around. Also, it doesn't hurt that there are many others of the same faith so they can feel like they belong.

But I want to meet more of these people. I want to see if I'm right in cutting them down so quickly and revealing what I think is their character. Some people that I've come across who are dead-set on their religion really don't want to be proved wrong. Because if they are proved wrong, their world shatters around them. It's reminiscent of people who join a cult, and can't be persuaded to leave.

Don't get me wrong, not everybody who has a religion has blind faith or is wrong in any way. Some people have true faith in their religion, and that's the right way to go, as long as you stay open-minded and aren't afraid to question your religion.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting. I believe everyone has a different way to see religion. In my opinion, I would consider myself spiritual than religious. I see religious people as those who follow what their parents tell them to follow (the ones who do not question if it is right or wrong) and those who are spiritual are those who have actually questioned, did the research, and have the faith.

    That's my two cents on the whole concept.

    -Coffee Bean

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fully agree, I've just never seen it that simply. Something like spirituality is hard to label as black or white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete