Daily Growth

It's been awhile since I posted. I guess you can say I've been caught up in life stuff.

Do you ever feel like you could be doing more with your life? Learning, exploring, growing. It's easy to not do these things when it's not required. It's not like anything is going to happen if you don't do them. Why not just grab some food and go watch TV like everybody else? Because then you're just as bad as everybody else.

People come up with excuse after excuse on why not to better themselves. "I'm not even very smart." "I know I can't do that." I'm not here to tell you you're wrong, I'm here to tell you you're exactly right. But only because of yourself. Telling yourself these things is essentially putting up a brick wall in front of your path to growth. You don't necessarily have to be the most confident person around to avoid this, you just can't doubt yourself.

Yet, you have to want to grow as a person for your own reasons. The majority of people who quest for knowledge or spirituality do so because of competition. Who wouldn't want to be better than everybody else at their job or be able to brag about how close you are to whatever God you worship? Those who are modest. I'll admit it's a shot in the dark to ask everybody to jump from being couch potatoes to mature self-actualized individuals, but all I can do is hope.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing post friend. I totally agree that you need to want to grow as a person before it happens you can't just sit and wait for it to come to you. All people do is hope when they can perfectly turn that hope into action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man. We really do need more walkers in this world. There's a few too many talkers.

    ReplyDelete